What’s Covered in This Training
The New Companies (Accounting) Act 2017
- 101 Sections of new law amending the Companies Act 2014
- How to claim Micro or Small Company Status ?
- The Companies (Amendment) Act 2017
- The Companies (Accounting) Act 2017
- Major extension to the audit exemption regime
- Definitions of Micro, Small, Medium & Large Companies
- It’s all about to change! Brand-New Formats for Accounts
- Finding your way through the technical maze
- How to take immediate advantage of less CRO filing
- Unlimited Companies, new CRO filing rules
- New Whistleblowing Rule for Auditors to ODCE
New Register of Beneficial Owners, BOR
- New Mandatory BOR Filing, effective 26th June 2017
- Definition of beneficial owner
- Ignore these New Regulations at your peril
- It’s law here now and applies to virtually all companies since November 2016
- The 2016 Regulations
- Duty to keep information up to date
- Individual duties of members, beneficial owners, directors and companies
- Additional new 2017 Regulations, commencing May 2017
- Drafting the Regulation 6, 8 & 10 Notices
- Enforcement & Sanctions
The CRO Late Filing Penalty Waiver
- Available now for Companies that are late !
- No Late Filing Fees and you get to keep audit exemption !
- How to restore a “Lost Audit Exemption”, the new criteria and procedure in the local courts
- Section 343 Explained
- The District Court Rules
- Paperwork and timelines
- What the courts will require?
What the Company Secretary needs to know ?
- The Work, Role, Duties and Responsibilities of the Company Secretary in 2017
- CRO forms
- The Company Secretary “Qualification Test”
- Why every company needs a “Real” Company Secretary
- How to draft the new style constitution
- Maintaining the seven statutory registers and what needs to be included here?
- Statutory and common law duties
Mandatory CRO E-Filing
- S.I. 458 2016, effective 1st June 2017
- Annual Return, financial statements, B2 & B10
- Full e-filing, no paper or
- E-filing and the signature page
- The pros and cons
- No margin for error
- An A-Z on CRO e-filing
What Company Directors need to know ?
- Moving over to the new constitution
- The advantages of replacing your old memorandum and articles of association
- The “2017 New Company Types”
- Single Director Companies
- Statutory Duties
- Reckless trading, case law review
- More Personal Liability Exposure
- “Corporate Divorce”
- Becoming a compliant “LTD”
What’s Relevant for Accountants and Auditors and their Clients?
- Audit exemption to rise to €12 million in 2017
- Opportunities to apply the new rules to past years
- 3 Companies Acts in 2017 and a raft of new EU Regulations
- New definition of Adequate Accounting Records
- CRO B78A- Changing a Financial Year End Date
- Dormant Company Audit Exemption.
- Your responsibilities under the AntiMoney-Laundering Regulations to write up, maintain and transmit particulars of the beneficial owners of companies into the Central Registry from 26th June 2017
- A step-by-step guide on keeping the BOR Registers
- How to restore a “Lost Audit Exemption”, the new criteria and procedure in the local courts.
- New CRO B1X, revision of defective financial statements
- Introduction of the “Micro” company accounting regime
- Converting companies over to the new constitution under the new rules, a full company secretarial pack on all that’s required and why this should be done now
New statutory requirements on Minutes and Resolutions
- Board Portals, E-Governance
- Minutes and record keeping for board and members meetings
- Section 166, new statutory requirement on minutes
- How to use Board Portals to modernise and enhance Corporate Governance?
- What new tools are available to help the Board run more smoothly
- New technology to facilitate meetings and reduce the expense of Boardroom Packs.