Your are here: Home » Mediation and My Business
Mediation is Good for Business
Senior management and CEOs who are responsible for HR and managers will know that disputes with clients, furnishers, partners and employees are an everyday part of corporate activity. The question arises, what is the best mechanism for managing these problematic situations and disputes?
If conflicts are left ignored and unresolved, what might have began as a spark is now an inferno in the form of a long and arduous legal dispute, shattering commercial/employee relations and costing considerable sums of money.
The majority of civil cases are negotiated on the steps of the Court, but only after going through the costly procedures of the Irish legal system. Mediation provides an effective alternative. Awareness of the mediation process is the first step. Businesses can avoid the costs that come with Court cases and Rights Commissioners by engaging in a mediation conference instead to deal with the dispute in a confidential and cost-effective manner.
Managers and legal advisers who work in big companies highlight some fundamental reasons for the development of ADR and mediation procedures and their advantages.
- The possibility for the parties to monitor the procedure and the results gained, in contrast with the risk and the uncertainty of judgment and arbitration;
- Structuring of the procedure for the managing and the resolution of the conflict;
- More communication between the parties;
- Removal of problems concerning cultural differences;
- Money and time saving;
- Creative and long-lasting solutions;
- The maintenance of relations between the parties.
Mediation is Good for YOUR Business
Mediation is not just a form of ADR but is an essential skill in modern business. While the focus of the training is to equip participants with the necessary skills to be practice as a successful mediator, all the mediation skills are directly applicable to candidates in business and other fields and professions including:
- HR staff and Managers
- CEOs and Business Managers
- Line Managers
- Solicitors and Barristers
- Industrial Relations staff
- Government Officials/staff
- PR Consultants
- County Counselors
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information!